What is FireMed?
- An affordable way for members to protect themselves from the unexpected cost of an ambulance or air medical transportation.
- A program that supports the three emergency medical response entities in our community: Eugene and Springfield Fire Department, Lane Fire Authority, and Life Flight Network.
- Part of a shared network of more than 80 other FireMed locations in Oregon, which means members are covered in these areas.
- 1986 - FireMed begins in Eugene and Springfield
- 2002 - Lane Fire Authority joins FireMed
- 2007 - Eugene and Springfield Fire Departments begin their merge
- 2008 - LifeFlight joins FireMed to begin FireMed Plus
- 2013 - FireMed saves members over $1.5 million in one year!
- It's expensive to provide excellent emergency ambulance and air medical transportation service to a community of our size. A combination of FireMed members, patients, and third party reimbursements (e.g., Medicare) fund ambulance service in our community.
- A typical health insurance policy covers only 50-80%—leaving you to pay the balance.
- Even if you never need an ambulance, your membership helps others in our community receive the best medical emergency treatment possible.
- Because without FireMed we’d have fewer funds available to support ambulance services in our community. We’d have to pay the bill in part or in full out of our own pocket.
Who is FireMed?
You, the members, are FireMed.
The Eugene and Springfield Fire Department, Lane Fire Authority, and Life Flight Network are FireMed.
Together, we are FireMed.
FireMed is an obvious choice for an active, budget-concious family like ours. Knowing we're covered gives us peace of mind.
FireMed Plus Members